Sunday, May 6, 2012

ATL with the Addisons

Let me begin by giving a brief blog update. I have been having issues with Blogger. It kept telling me that I was going to have to purchase more storage for pictures every time I tried to upload more. I asked my super blogger friend, Ashley and she said that it does that to her sometimes and she just logs out and logs back in and it goes away so I kept trying that but no such luck. So I haven't been blogging lately (partially due to laziness) but today I broke down and signed up to pay the $2.50 a month. So I'll be playing catch up for a while. 

We went to Atlanta April 12-15 with our dear friends, the Addisons. Our main reason for going was for the guys to go to the Man Up conference. Here are a bunch of pics from the trip.

Helping get packed
brushing her hair before packing the brush

We broke the drive up by staying in Birmingham one night on the way to Atlanta. Here she is the next morning reclining with her bottle.


The hotel had such a nice courtyard inside complete with a waterfall and a coy fish pond.




This is the amount of stuff we took into the hotel for one night. 


We met up with Ashley and Patrick in Birmingham for lunch and stopped at Walmart for some essentials. We had to get a shot of the girls in these mini adirondack chairs.



We were so privileged to get a once in a lifetime photo with the Oscar Mayer weinermobile. I was very excited when I saw it. I automatically assumed that they would be giving away free hot dogs but they weren't. What a shame! They did give us cute little whistles that were mini weinermobiles. I would show a picture of the whistle but mine has since been trashed. 




When we got to Atlanta Friday night the guys headed out to their conference and us girlies walked around centennial park. This park was made back when Atlanta hosted the Olympics and it is so nice. The girls enjoyed looking at the water park. 




You can't see well but Kate is really cheesin it up in this one.
There was a park for younger kids there too and we had some fun there. Kate and Ashley got some swinging in. 



Ashley & I took the girls to the children's museum on Saturday. It was so so fun. They had an area designated for 2 and under only. 
It had a bunch of fun toys, including this tunnel. Ellie Grace had never done a tunnel before. She was skeptical at first but I threw a ball in there and she went for it. She liked it and went through several times.







I put this picture just to showcase Kate's buff arm! Ellie Grace is gonna have to work hard to beat that.



they even had a baby size water bed 
They had this really cute area with a little pond for kids to fish in for fake fish and they had these little rain coats so kids wouldn't get soaked. 



this was my favorite section of the museum
picture in front of the garden for Josh & for Kate's Granna & Poppa, who are avid gardeners
Ashley and I also took the girls to the aquarium on Saturday, which was ridiculously crowded and hard to navigate, especially with two strollers. I'm glad we went though.


watching the beluga whales


looking for dolphins

watching some fish

chillin

this thing was huge

cutie

reaching for her paci that I had put on top of her head
Apparently the girls were worn out by all the Saturday events. They both passed out as we were leaving the aquarium. 



We then headed to dinner with the whole crew at a delicious Mexican restaurant. 
The next picture is of the coke machine inside the restaurant. It had a touch screen and whatever you chose is what would come out. It only had one spicket. If you chose sprite, it would then give you the choice of 6 or 7 fruity flavors to add to your sprite. There were over 100 combinations. Pretty cool.


After dinner the Addison crew went to a concert and the Mathes crew went to the park.




trying out the monkey bars, with assistance of course
her first contact with grass
she was quite curious about the texture

We then went back to our hotel and went up to the roof and took a few pics.


we had to get a shot of this hotel next to ours because there is so much masonry work on it
silly faces with mommy
That was the end of our trip. Such a great time with our dear friends. She blogged about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment