Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's a Boy!!!

Well, I haven't been a good blogger lately but it's never too late to start doing better so........................ we found out we are having a boy! 


We were so excited. Josh went with me to the ultrasound appointment and he did a fist pump when the lady made the announcement. I almost cried, almost. :) 

Everyone in our families is excited to have a boy since we have so many girls. Especially my parents since they currently have 4 granddaughters. They needed a grandson!

His name shall be called Mason Fortner Mathes. We had that name picked before we found out it was a boy. We love it. If it had been a girl, we still wouldn't know what her name would be. Girls are harder to name for us, I guess. It was that way with Ellie Grace but I love her name now. Just to clarify, we will just call him Mason on a regular basis, not Mason Fortner. If it had been a girl we were gonna do a double name. 

Just a little pregnancy update while I'm here:
I'm currently 27 weeks, due on December 24th. I have had a great pregnancy, thank You Lord. I really am thankful because I have so many friends who are just miserable when they are pregnant. I enjoy it for the most part. I go next week for my glucola test. I'm praying that I pass that with flying colors because a diabetic diet for the remainder of this pregnancy would be devastating to my innermost being but would probably do me some good, honestly. Also, I want to pass so that Mason is as healthy as possible, of course. 

I'm so ready for the fall weather but I would be even if I weren't pregnant. 

We only have 3 months left and that sounds so short but if I think about Christmas, that seems so far. It's really not. I don't feel ready for this huge change about to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment